- Admiral Rodney Hotel, North Street, Horncastle (link to map).
- Thursday, 11th September – commencing 7pm
- All are welcome to attend!
To discuss a response to Lincolnshire County Council’s proposals to cut Horncastle Library’s opening hours in half (as a “Tier 2” library), cut library staff in Horncastle, cut mobile library services in the Horncastle area, and close libraries across Lincolnshire.
Representatives of Lincolnshire County Council, Lincolnshire Libraries & Heritage, Horncastle Town Council, and Save Lincolnshire Libraries will attend to discuss the town’s response to the council’s proposal.
- Lincolnshire County Council ‘information pack’ for Horncastle Library
- Council web page for Horncastle Library
- Libraries consultation document
- Online consultation survey and children’s consultation document
Five things that you can do to help save Horncastle Library from cuts
- Support and use Horncastle Library!
- Attend the meeting on Thursday, 11th August – commencing 7pm.
- Encourage family and friends to sign our petition (available in Houlden’s, High Street, Horncastle) to trigger a proper debate at Lincolnshire County Council.
- Send individual emails to those who can decide or influence the future of Horncastle Library as a properly funded and professionally staffed library:
- Head of Libraries, Jonathan Platt: email@example.com
- Leader of the Council, Martin Hill: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LCC Exec Member for Libraries, Nick Worth: email@example.com
- LCC Horncastle Member, Bill Aron: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mayor of Horncastle, Fiona Martin: email@example.com
- Write letters to the editor for publication in the Horncastle News.