News of a protest march taking place in Lincoln in September.
- Saturday, 21 September 2013, beginning at 12:00
- Castle Square, Lincoln, LN2 1PZ
- Full details are available on this Facebook event page
Over two-thirds of Lincolnshire’s Libraries are under threat of closure, with the possible loss of over half the Lincolnshire County Council staff who work in them and serve the public.
Join our mass protest march in Lincoln city centre on Saturday 21st September and send a huge, united message to the Tory-Lib Dem coalition that runs Lincolnshire County Council:
SAVE OUR LIBRARIES!
BOOKS NOT CUTS!
The campaign’s demands are:
- All of our libraries to remain open
- None of our libraries to be privatised or outsourced
- Existing library opening hours to be kept
- Our mobile library service to be maintained at its current level
- No cuts to computer equipment or access
- No cuts to library staff jobs, hours or working conditions
- No public library buildings to be sold off